A man a plan
A Canal
Panama
I'm getting better at this. I got all motivated this weekend and formed a meal plan. I implemented this new device today - tracking calories and watching what I eat. I'm working on some basic google research and trying to stick to a muscle building diet. Eating enough calories has so far proven difficult, I'm sure it would be easy if I just went and bought a pizza or two but off of veggies, yogurt and almonds I find I have to eat past full for most meals.... I'm hoping extra food = extra energy which will help me stay alert in class.
We had really good weather this last week and running outside with sunshine is the bomb!
Life up date, since I'm not good at calling people, I got in trouble last week because I stored a propane tank in my room after the camping trip to Yosemite (totally forgot this was against barracks regs -- but it makes sense, a building crammed full of people and flammables is a bad match) and then while I was not in my room this tank started to leak and someone thought they smelt a gas leak from the building and THEN we all got evacuated while the fire department came and looked through my things....
everything considered I got off really light for it: a few different sergeants yelled at me, I have a written note of it on my record, and I had to give the company formation a detailed brief on our official barracks policy last Friday.
Other than that tests have finally calmed down, I'm trying to stay focused on learning, and I want to book a flight to go camping in August.
p.s. more of you all need to post every week because even if it's only a few words, I like hearing from you!
p.p.s Stick With It!
I was thinking about driving up to the parents' house 7/31 and then riding with them the rest of the way on 8/1 if you want to do that instead of flying. You would have to hitch a ride up to Berkeley-ish area though.
ReplyDeleteThen again, flying could be a better idea...I'll have to do some kind of cost analysis.
A drive up could be fun, but I get free before 7/31 and I think I'm going to fly out of here as soon as I can...
ReplyDeleteOh I forgot to vote yet and I'm voting for you Brett because wow after that episode with the gas tank in your room, you deserve something. Seriously sad day by the way! It's one of those things that you don't even think anything of until suddenly alarms are sounding and sirens blaring right?
ReplyDelete