Monday, June 10, 2013

planting a garden

This year it has finally happened the garden is now all boxed up. In other words the plants will be growing in boxes. It made more sense to do that since the tractor still needs fixing and that there are a lot of weeds there. So, Eli got to help Bobby a little bit. Bobby did most of the work. Eli did choose some good plants to go in it. Here are some

Watermelon: This website helps with what is in watermelon and how it could help us.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=31.

Broccoli: I mentioned before (well I think I did), broccoli is a superfood.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=9

cucumber: Cucumbers are a good source of B vitamins.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=42

Zucchini:One of my favorite breads (above banana bread) is zucchini bread. When we were at Nikki's, she made THE BEST zucchini bread I have eaten.

http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/8-health-benefits-of-zucchini.html

Eli didn't want to plant the vegetables he chose, but he is excited about the garden. He has loves that he can go out and pick fruit like strawberries and eat them. We are all almost there only a couple more weeks. I am glad Brett still has a week off in July. Good thing for planning in advance and getting the tickets already!

No comments:

Post a Comment