Monday, June 17, 2013

Almost done?

The challenge is almost complete, though I plan on still eating four servings of veggies and fruit each day. Might as well keep good habits going.

This challenge has helped me realize that I wasn't not eating nearly as much veggies and fruits as I should each day. In fact, my fondness for veggies is returning. My fiber intake has increased because of it. Mayo Clinic has a list of high-fiber foods that are good to eat. Raspberries are a good source of fiber and the raspberries in the garden are beginning to ripen.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-fiber-foods/NU00582

If you ever go picking with Eli, most likely you won't be bringing too much fruit in. He loves to pick the fruit and eat it.

We might start making our own protein bars for Jenna again. I debating on it or not. I need to find the recipe again, because I can't remember all of the ingredients. I think the bars will be more healthy for Jenna as well as to have some other snack for Jenna to munch on.

By the way, the kitchen looks GREAT! I cooked dinner tonight, and this is a kitchen that you want to always keep clean. I cleaned up while cooking because, the kitchen is so, so clean and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment